The African style is inspired by the colors of the savannah and tribal prints. The African elements in a room transmit strength, energy and the return to the purest nature.
Warmth is one of the most attractive points of African ethnic style, both indoors and outdoors. And it is achieved by applying a range of colors based on neutral tones combined with yellow, red, ochre, white, black and gold.
The decorative elements that give that African touch to a room are:
- Zebra animal print cushions and blankets, leopard, tiger…
- Cotton rugs with tribal designs, in intense earth colors
- Natural fiber lamps with conical or rounded shapes
- Figures in wood, stone or bone of animals, hand-carved fauna, ceremonial masks, tribal characters, …
- Rustic earth-colored ceramics
- Candles and lanterns in warm tones, in gardens and terraces
- Floor or wall-facing spotlights and lamps focused on floor to create a cozy, semi-glare atmosphere.
- Handmade furniture, in natural wood or painted decapé.
African ethnic style should be used sparingly, with a couple of striking elements prominently placed in a room is enough to create this style and not over-recharge.